Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mustard yellow

In my early twenties, I wore mustard yellows and any shade of poop (it seems). I didn't know how to pair it properly and I also picked up the incorrect skirt or jacket lengths. I don't profess to know it all but I hope that my years have added some wisdom not to repeat my mustard-wearing-twenties. Enter Extrapetite and her rocking know-how on wearing mustards and olive shades. She makes it look so good so I vowed to try it again.

While in Seattle for a Mariners game, I saw Loft for the first time and ventured in. I found this shirt.

Loft ruffle front tshirt XS $34.50 (sale $15?)
Tristan navy skirt (lined) XS $89
Aerosoles strappy nude sandals size6 $15 (sample sale)
Necklace (thrifted)













I've paired it with jeans (untucked) and even with a red skirt. I quite like it and will try more olive and mustard shades again.

The skirt was a splurge but it is machine washable and retains its shape (Lycra). It is soft and exceptionally light in weight for a lined skirt. The other side of the removable tag also shows it a travel suit. For me, that means less smile lines across my hips.

Twice a year, I go to a Shoe Sample Sale. The first time I went, my husband and I stood with mouths agape at the ice arena stocked with tables of size 6 shoes in Born, Timberland, Tsubo, Tommy Hilfiger, Franco Sarto, Hilary Radley, Guess, Aerosoles, Clarks, Miz Mooz, Sofft and more. At $15 to 50, it is worth the trip. Most of my shoes come from there but I think I will skip the one in October.

Excuse the background mess. I'm a noob at blogging and haven't found the perfect setup for taking pictures...nor do I have a timer and stand. I don't know if I will blog for long so the extra expense is not justifiable to me. Yet.

Do you like mustards and olives? What shades do you pair it with?

No comments:

Post a Comment