Tuesday, October 18, 2011

No nylons -- yet!

Fall is here in Vancouver. That means wet and more wet.

I've been holding off wearing nylons or pantyhose (lingo depending where you live). Luckily, my legs have some colour to them.
Cardigan: Jessica XS (old), skirt: Mexx (thrifted for $6), dress worn as top: no name $10, shoes: Jessica $12.50

Had to break up the black with a yellow belt. I tucked a sheer summer dress under a skirt. Wore nude shoes instead of the predictable black.


Top: Cleo XS (last year), skirt: Jessica Petites (old and hemmed), shoes: Moda (old-sample sale $30)

I love these shoes. When I started working fulltime, I bought shoes in different colours. I was only doing what I saw while growing up. My mom used to have shoes in the colours of the rainbow...and then some. One wall of their garage - a car length plus about 5 feet more - had chest high wooden cubbies where she stored her shoes. In this regard, like mother, like daughter.


Luckily, when we get home, the rain seems to let up and there is still some fair lighting for snapping pictures. Pretty soon, I will be back to indoor pictures which are uninspiring. Hmmm…we'll see.

Have you opened a package of nylons yet?



No comments:

Post a Comment